Lamb Chops With Blackcurrant Sauce
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange||1 , juiced|
|Lemon||1 , grated rind|
|Vegetable stock||200 Milliliter|
|Shallot||1 , diced|
|White wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Red wine||5 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1. In a large bowl, mix couscous with the orange juice and lemon rind.
2. Pour hot stock over the contents.
3. Cover bowl with a lid or plate and let stand for 3 minutes.
4. Fluff up with a fork.
5. Keep aside until ready to serve.
6. Coat the lamb with 1 tablespoon of the oil and seasoning.
7. Heat a large frying pan.
8. Sear the chops in hot pan for 4-5 minutes each side until cooked
9. Remove onto a platter and keep warm.
10. In a small saucepan, heat remaining oil.
11. Sauté shallots for 2 minutes until soft.
12. Add the blackcurrants and tip in the red and white wine.
13. Reduce flame and simmer for 3 minutes until reduced
14. Stir in the mustard, sugar and some seasoning.
15. Lightly mash the currents with back of the spoon.
16. Spoon couscous on each of the 4 dinner plates.
17. Arrange a chop on top.
18. Spoon sauce over and around the chop
19. Pour remaining sauce in a sauceboat and pass at the table.