Molly's Wine Sauce
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Minced shallots/Finely sliced green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown gravy mix||2 Ounce (Each Package Makes 1 Cup)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry madeira wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Golden raisins||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
1) Follow the instruction on package to prepare the gravy mix.
2) Use a 1 1/2-quart saucepan, to melt butter for cooking onion and shallots to tender.
3) Stir in the gravy and lemon juice to the saucepan.
4) Bring the mixture to a boil.
5) Pour in wine and simmer the mixture for 20 to 25 minutes.
6) Fold in raisins and simmer until the raisins become plump.
7) Serve the sauce over steak or roast beef.
Calories 183 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.9%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g24.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.2 mg6.7%
Sodium 383.4 mg16%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.98 g3.9%
Sugars 11.7 g
Protein 2 g4.7%
Vitamin A 8.5% Vitamin C 7.1%
Calcium 1.9% Iron 2.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet