Almond Torte With Chocolate Sauce
|Blanched whole almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Low carb multigrain bread slice||1|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||5 Large, separated|
|Granulated sugar substitute||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), divided|
|Unsweetened chocolate||2 Ounce, coarsely chopped|
|Sugar free hazelnut syrup||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Whipped cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sweet cherries/1 bag of 10-ounce no-sugar- added frozen sweet cherries, thawed||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), pitted and coarsely chopped|
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spread almonds on a baking sheet; toast until golden, about 10 minutes; cool. Transfer to a food processor and add bread, baking powder, and cream of tartar; process until finely ground.
2. Line a 9-inch springform pan with waxed paper. Lightly coat with cooking spray, then dust with about 1 teaspoon of the ground almonds.
3. Combine egg yolks and 1/4 cup of the sugar substitute in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
4. Beat egg whites in another bowl until soft peaks form. Add remaining sugar substitute and beat until stiff peaks form.
5. Fold nuts into yolks in three additions, alternating with one-quarter of the whites each time; fold in remaining whites. Spread lightly in pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes. Cool in pan.
6. Combine chocolate, syrup, and cream in the top of a double boiler set over simmering water. Whisk until chocolate melts, then whisk in water.
7. To serve, run a sharp knife between torte and pan to loosen. Set a plate over the pan and invert torte onto plate. Peel off waxed paper, then invert again onto a serving plate. Cut torte into eight wedges; top with sauce. Spoon whipped cream next to torte and add fruit alongside.