Pears In Peanut Sauce
|Firm ripe pears||1 1⁄4 Pound (4 Pears)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , peel grated and juiced|
|Water||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Softened butter||1 Teaspoon (For Greasing)|
|Smooth peanut butter||3 Tablespoon (Or Crunchy)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a heavy-based saucepan add the lemon peel, water, honey, 1/2 lemon juice , sugar . Stir well over a gentle heat to dissolve the sugar.
2) Pare, and core the pears and smear with the 1/2 lemon juice. Slightly trim the bases to stand.
3) Put the pears into the syrup with a slotted spoon. Butter a foil piece and place it with the buttered side down over the pears. Cover and gently poach until just tender, turning occasionally.
4) Turn off the heat and remove the pears with a slotted spoon in a serving dish.
5) In a saucepan add the peanut butter and brown sugar, gradually stir in the 2/3 cup syrup. Stir over a low heat to thoroughly heat.
6) Spoon the sauce over the pears and serve immediately.