Chicken In Currant Orange Sauce
|Currant jelly||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frozen orange juice concentrate||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Hot sauce||1 Dash|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fryer||3 Pound, disjointed|
1) In a saucepan, combine together the jelly, orange juice concentrate and about 1/3 cup of water. Cook and stir till the mixture is smooth.
2) Mix the cornstarch, mustard and hot sauce separately with 1 tablespoon of cold water. Stir into the jelly mixture in the pan. Cook the mixture and stir till it has thickened. Set the mixture aside.
3) In a paper bag, combine the flour and salt to taste and add the chicken, 2 to 3 pieces at a time. Shake the bag till the chicken has been thoroughly coated.
4) In a skillet, brown the chicken in fat over medium flame. Drain off the excess fat. Add the orange sauce.
5) Cover the skillet and cook on low flame for about 45 minutes or till the chicken has tendered.
6) Serve hot.