Sea Scallops With Red Pepper Cream Sauce
|Sea scallops||2 Pound (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Butter/Margarine||9 Tablespoon, divided|
|Sweet red peppers||2 Large, seeded and chopped|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Hungarian paprika||1 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
1) If using frozen scallops, thaw them.
2) Take a 12 inch skillet and place it on medium heat. Melt 6 tablespoons of butter or margarine in it.
3) Stir in onion, garlic, crushed red pepper, paprika, and sweet red peppers.
4) Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook the vegetables until they are soft and tender, for about 15 minutes. Stir frequently.
5) Now, pour in wine and let mixture cook for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
6) Further, blend cream into the wine mixture and bring it to a boil. Now, remove skillet from the heat and set aside.
7) Take a blender container or a food processor bowl and put the mixture in it. Blend until well pureed so that no lumps are left.
8) Use a sieve and strain the puree.
9) Take a 1 quart saucepan and put the puree in it. Place saucepan over low heat and sprinkle salt to taste.
10) In a skillet, melt the remaining butter or margarine and stir in scallops. Sprinkle freshly ground pepper and salt.
11) Cook scallops on medium-low heat for about 3 minutes, until they are smoky.
12) Pour sauce on a serving plate and arrange scallops over it. Garnish with parsley sprigs and serve hot.
Calories 641 Calories from Fat 405
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g70.7%
Saturated Fat 27.9 g139.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 209.1 mg69.7%
Sodium 633 mg26.4%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.2%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 40 g80.6%
Vitamin A 73.1% Vitamin C 152.2%
Calcium 10.8% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet