Spicy Dumplings with Sesame Sauce and Hot Oil
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cold water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cold water||2 Tablespoon|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Scallion||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Ground pork butt||1⁄2 Pound|
|Ground white pepper||1 Pinch|
|Spicy sesame sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Tahini||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Sesame Seed Paste)|
|Chinese rice vinegar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sesame oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Hot chili oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground szechwan peppercorns||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Scallions||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
1) Prepare dough by combining flour and salt and knead to a firm but moist dough. Refrigerate wrapped for 2 hours
2) For the filing, in a bowl add ginger and scallion in water and leave it aside for about 2 hours. Strain the liquid and mix it with ground pork, salt and pepper and refrigerate
3) Blend the sauce ingredients and leave aside.
4) Divide the dough into 4 equal size pieces and roll into cylinder of about 1 inch in diameter. From each cylinder, cut out 6 or 7 pieces as big as a walnut, dust these pieces with flour.
5) Flatten these into 3 inch circles and roll them so as to make them thick at center
6) Fill these circles with meat and fold up the edges. Flour waxed paper and place this.
7) In a large pot of boiling water, cook this for 4 – 5 minutes.
8) Transfer the cooked dumplings to serving bowls, sprinkle sesame sauce and chilli oil and serve with scallions