Chilled Turkey with Creamy Tuna Sauce
|Boneless turkey breast||1 1⁄2 Pound, skinned and cut into 3/4-by-1-inch chunks|
|Virgin olive oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Safflower oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted turkey stock/Unsalted chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), warmed|
|For tuna sauce|
|Canned white tuna in water||3 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Virgin olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Safflower oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lime juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Capers||1 Teaspoon, rinsed and patted dry|
1. In a large heavy-bottomed skillet,
2. Heat olive and safflower oil over medium heat.
3. Add turkey to the hot oil and sauté for 6 minutes until evenly browned on all sides.
4. Season the turkey with salt.
5. Pour in the stock, reduce the heat and simmer until the meat is white and firm.
6. Using a slotted spoon, strain out the chicken to a bowl and keep aside.
7. Continue simmering the stock until reduced to ¼ cup. Cool slightly to use to make the sauce.
8. In a food processor or a blender,
9. Combine the tuna with the reduced stock and puree to a smooth consistency,
10. With a rubber spatula, scrape down the sides and process and while gently pouring in the oil in a drizzle and blending till incorporated.
11. Put in the buttermilk, lime juice and add the capers. Pulse for 1 minute until smooth.
12. Transfer the sauce to a sauce boat and refrigerate till chilled.
13. On an individual dinner plate, make a pool of the sauce using a large spoon.
14. Divide the turkey into equal portions and place on the sauce.
15. Spoon a bit of the sauce over the meat and garnish with sage or finely chopped parsley.
Calories 302 Calories from Fat 168
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.6%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80.5 mg26.8%
Sodium 206 mg8.6%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g0.9%
Dietary Fiber 0 g0.01%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 29 g57.6%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 0.69%
Calcium 2.2% Iron 9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet