Shrimp And Pasta With Tomato Cream Sauce
|Frozen medium shrimp/Fresh medium shrimp||1 Pound, peeled and deveined|
|Sun dried tomatoes packed in oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry vermouth||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Snipped basil/2 teaspoons dried basil, crushed||2 Tablespoon (Use Fresh)|
|Snipped chives||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely shredded lemon peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Fettuccine/Linguine / thin spaghetti||10 Ounce|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||2 Ounce|
1. Thaw frozen shrimp.
2. Drain the tomatoes and keep aside 3 tbsp oil.
3. Chop the tomatoes into slivers.
4. Take a 2-quart saucepan, add reserved oil and heat over medium flame.
5. Add garlic and shrimp and cook for about 2 to 4 minutes or till shrimp turns pinkish.
6. Using a slotted spoon, keep aside the shrimp.
7. Add vermouth, broth, cream, chives, basil, lemon peel, salt, tomatoes and pepper to the saucepan and boil under high flame.
8. Boil the sauce for about 12 to 15 minutes or till the sauce is decreased to 1 1/2 cups, stirring intermittently.
9. Add shrimp back to the mixture and stir to heat it thoroughly.
10. In a 6-quart stockpot or Dutch oven, add 3 1/2 quarts of boiling salted water and cook pasta for about 8 to 10 minutes or till past becomes tender, yet retians its firmness.
11. Drain off excessive water.
12. Add sauce and toss pasta and serve hot with Parmesan cheese.