Corned Beef With Mustard Sauce
|Corned beef||6 Pound, rolled, tied|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Prepared mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Catsup/Stewed tomatoes||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Brown sugar/1/4 cup molasses||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
1. In a large kettle or Dutch pan,
2. Place corned beef and pour enough water to cover the meat.
3. Add bay leaves, peppercorns and garlic to the meat.
4. Place the kettle on a high flame and bring water to a boil.
5. Reduce the flame and simmer meat for 2 hours or till meat is fork tender.
6. Pre-heat an oven to 300° F
7. Carefully lift and transfer the meat from the kettle to a shallow roast pan or a casserole dish.
8. Stud the corned beef with cloves.
9. In a bowl, combine mustard, catsup, brown sugar, vinegar and water. Stir this well blended.
10. Pour the sauce over the meat in the pan.
11. Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour, occasionally basting the meat with the pan liquid to keep it moist.
12. Serve the corned beef in the casserole dish accompanied with mashed potatoes.