Meatballs In Piquant Onion Sauce
|Minced beef||12 Ounce (300 Gram)|
|Fresh white breadcrumbs||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Dried marjoram||1 Teaspoon|
|Dripping||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Onions||8 Ounce, sliced (200 Gram)|
|Flour||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Beef stock/Stock made with a stock cube||1⁄2 Pint (250 Milliliter)|
|Tomato ketchup||1 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Browning gravy||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a mixing bowl, take beef, breadcrumbs, egg, seasoning and marjoram. Combine well.
2) Dash a board with flour and shift the mixture to the board. Divide and make into 16 balls.
3) Heat oil in a deep pan and fry the meatballs. Turn them and continue frying till they turn brown. Keep them aside in a plate.
4) In another pan fry onions for 3 minutes.
5) Blend in flour stirring occasionally.
6) Pour the stock and boil.
7) Add ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, gravy browning and seasoning and stir continuously.
8) Gently add the meatballs to the sauce. Cover and simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
9) Enjoy this lip smacking dish with creamed potatoes.
Freeze the content for future use in an airtight container. Before serving, put it in a nonstick casserole, cover and reheat in a warm oven at 170°C. 325°F, Gas Mark 3, for 40 minutes. Stir in between to avoid burning.