Chicken With Tomato Basil Sauce
|Chicken breast halves||6 , skinned and boned|
|Italian seasoned bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), divided|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, chopped|
|Snipped fresh basil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Dip the chicken breasts in beaten eggs and chill for 2-3 hours.
3. Once done, take the chicken out and coat by rolling on breadcrumbs.
4. Take a 12 inch skillet, heat ¼ cup olive oil in it and cook the chicken for 5-7 minutes without covering on medium heat.
5. Once the chicken is browned, keep it on a low baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
6. Add Parmesan cheese.
7. Take a 2 quart saucepan, heat ¼ cup olive oil in it and sauté onion and garlic in it.
8. Put tomatoes, basil, sugar, salt and pepper and allow the mixture to boil.
9. Cook for 2-3 minutes on medium flame and then lower the heat and cook for 20 minutes.
10. Toss the sauce over chicken and serve.