Meat Balls In Sour Cream Sauce
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated onion||1 Teaspoon|
|Lean ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Bacon drippings||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Tomato sauce||16 Ounce (Two 8 Ounce Cans)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coarsely chopped ripe olives||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Take a bowl and add the eggs, milk, grated onions, crumbs and salt & pepper to it.
2) Beat them well.
3) Let it stand for several minutes.
4) Add ground beef to it and mix lightly with the aid of a fork.
5) Shape mixture into 2 inch sized balls.
6) Take some wax paper and cover the balls.
7) Refrigerate until it needs to be chafed.
8) Take a blazer pan and heat the drippings in it.
9) Fry the balls until they brown evenly.
10) Remove the balls from the pan.
11) Add onion to the pan and sauté it in the juices left behind in pan for 5 minutes.
12) Add the flour stirring it in until it blends properly.
13) Add tomato sauce to the pan along with the meat balls.
14) Place it on hot water.
15) Add cover and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
16) Add the sour cream and mix with a wooden spoon until the meat balls get coated with the cream.
17) Scatter the olives over the contents of the pan.
18) Heat thoroughly.
19) Serve as required.