Chocolate Beignets With Sour Cream Dipping Sauce
|All purpose flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Unsweetened cocoa powder||6 Ounce (1 1/2 Cup)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Semi-sweet chocolate||3 Ounce, melted|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
|Powdered sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Sour cream dipping sauce:|
|Sour cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grand marnier liqueur||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt and stir in the sugar until well combined.
2. In a separate glass bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and oil until well blended.
3. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, pour the egg mixture.
4. Using a wooden spoon or a spatula, mix to form a smooth batter.
5. Stir in the melted chocolate and incorporate into the batter.
6. Place the batter in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
7. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, sugar and liqueur. Pour into a sauce boat.
8. Heat oil in a deep-fryer or heavy saucepan to 350°F.
9. Use an ice cream scoop or a large spoon to drop 5-6 scoops of the batter into the hot oil.
10. Fry the fritters for 2 to 3 minutes, turning several times until the crisp and golden brown. Do not over fry or else the center will be hard and chew instead of being soft and molten.
11. Drain the fritterers on paper towels.
12. Repeat with remaining batter.
13. Dredge the warm beignets with powdered sugar and serve with sour cream dipping sauce.