|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 , chopped|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Thyme/Marjoram||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Coriander seeds||1 Tablespoon, crushed|
|Apple juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red currant jelly||2 Tablespoon|
|Bottled stoned cherries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coriander seeds||1 Tablespoon, powdered|
|Cider vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a pan, heat oil.
2. Add carrot, celery and onion and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add garlic, bay leaves, chopped herb, coriander seed and salt and pepper. Stir well.
4. Add apple juice and let it simmer for 15 minutes. Keep it aside to cool.
5. In a small pan, dissolve red currant jelly.
6. Add bottle stoned cherries with a little of its juice, a pinch of pepper, powdered coriander seeds and cider vinegar. Let it simmer for 5 minutes. Keep it aside to cool.
7. Strain this vegetable sauce
8. Add it to the cherry sauce. Heat it for 5 minutes.
9. Serve Sweet-Sour Sauce with any vegetables or lentil dish that has no other sauce.