Mushroom And Tomato Sauce
|Tomato paste||1 Small (italian)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Grape juice stock/Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. In a heavy pan, heat oil.
2. Add chopped onions and fry it till it is light brown in color.
3. Add mushrooms and cook for few minutes.
4. Add grape juice. Let it simmer until the quantity is reduced by half.
5. Add tomato paste, basil, seasonings and sugar with enough stock or water so that the sauce is of a creamy consistency.
6. Add crushed garlic and let it simmer very slowly for 20 minutes.
7. Serve mushroom and tomato sauce hot with spaghetti or vegetables. Serve it on toast for breakfast or supper dish.