Almond And Bread Sauce
|Onion||1 , peeled and cut into quarters|
|Full fat milk||1 Pint (600 Milliliter, You Will Need A Drop More If Making Ahead)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Blanched almonds||4 Ounce, roughly chopped (100 Gram)|
|Breadcrumbs||5 Ounce (140 Gram)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (1 Knob)|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon (Plus Extra To Serve)|
1. In a pan, put milk, peppercorns, onion and garlic.
2. Cook and bring it to the boil.
3. Once done, let it cool for 30 mins.
4. Strain the mix and take out the peppercorns.
5. Pour the onion, milk and garlic mix back to the pan.
6. Add almonds to it and blend the ingredients with a hand blender until smooth.
7. Put the breadcrumbs and heat the pan.
8. Once the mixture gets thick, add butter and oil.
9. Let the butter melt into the sauce.
10. Season the sauce.
11. This sauce can be prepared two days in advance
12.While serving, add some milk and few drops of olive oil.
13.If refrigerated, reheat and serve with a splash of olive oil and milk.