|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Pepper white||1 Dash|
|Skim milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a saucepan, melt fat over low heat.
2. Stir in flour and sauté for 1 minute.
3. Taking pan off the flame, pour in milk while whisking continuously.
4. Return pan to flame and allow sauce to thicken, stirring constantly to prevent formation of lumps
5. When thick, remove from heat.
6. Stir in mustard and blend into the sauce.
7. This sauce is ideal to serve with roasts, grilled meats, fish or steamed vegetables.
Calories 107 Calories from Fat 58
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.1%
Saturated Fat 4 g19.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 17.3 mg5.8%
Sodium 237.4 mg9.9%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.49 g2%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 3 g6.3%
Vitamin A 3.9% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 2.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet