Crab and Corn Cakes with Chilli Dipping Sauce
|Plain flour||4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Chopped coriander||1 Tablespoon (Use The Leaves For The Main Course)|
|Canned sweet corn||340 Gram, green giant original, well drained|
|Canned white crabmeat||170 Gram, well drained and flaked|
|Spring onions||2 , finely sliced|
|Sunflower oil/Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
|Sweet chili sauce||4 Tablespoon|
|Lime juice||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Cucumber||1⁄4 , seeds scraped out, flesh finely chopped (1/2 Finger-Length Chunk)|
1) In a food processor, add in the egg, flour, garlic and coriander stalks and one third of the corn. Blend to form a smooth paste.
2) Mix the paste with the remaining corn, crab, half of the spring onions and some seasoning.
3) Keep a tray lined with kitchen paper ready.
4) In a large, heavy saucepan, heat oil about 5 cm high inside the pan. Test the heat by dropping in a cube of bread. At the right temperature, it would brown in 30 to 40 seconds.
5) Into the hot oil, drop in dollops of the corn mix. Deep fry them for about 2 to 3 minutes till they turn crisp and golden. Then place it on the tray lined with kitchen paper and allow the oil to be absorbed. Deep fry the remaining mix the same way.
6) Sprinkle the remaining spring onions over the hot cakes and serve with the dipping sauce.