|Butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Vegetable stock||1 Pint|
|Carrot||1 , chopped|
|Bouquet garni||2 Gram (1 stick)|
|Yeast extract||1 Tablespoon|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Finely chop onions and carrots.
2. In a pan, melt butter.
3. Add finely chopped vegetables and let it brown over a low flame without burning. Stir it continuously. This will take 30 minutes.
4. Add flour and brown gently for 8 minutes, stirring it all the time.
5. In another pan, take yeast extract with the vegetable stock. Brown it.
6. Add it to the vegetables with the herbs, salt and sugar.
7. Simmer for 30 minutes.
8 Strain and check the taste. Adjust for seasoning, consistency and reheat.
9. Serve Brown Sauce with vegetables.