Spinach Pancakes With Tomato Sauce
|Batter||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Fat||1 Tablespoon (For Frying)|
|Cottage cheese||8 Ounce|
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Grated nutmeg||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Large, finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Canned tomato paste||5 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned tomatoes||5 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Parsley||4 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Dried oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F, Gas Mark 4.
2) Take a bowl and sieve the flour and salt into it to start preparing the batter.
3) Stir in the egg and half the milk and whip to a smooth paste.
4) Add in the left over milk.
5) Take a frying or crepe pan and heat fat in it and drain the excess fat when it is hot.
6) Make the pancake by pouring 2 to 3 tablespoons of the batter into the centre of the pan and quickly rotating the pan so that the bottom is completely covered with the batter.
7) Heat for 1 minute and repeat the same by tossing the pancake over.
8) Transfer the cooked pancake to a plate.
9) Continue making more pancakes, keeping a piece of greaseproof (waxed) paper between them.
10) Further start making the filling by putting the washed spinach in a saucepan.
11) Leave enough water on the leaves to prevent adding more water.
12) Cook the spinach for 7 to 10 minutes till the leaves are soft.
13) Squeeze out the excess water, and chop the spinach.
14) Add in cottage cheese, eggs, cheese and a pinch of nutmeg.
15) Roll each pancake with a little of the spinach mixture in them.
16) Take a greased ovenproof dish and arrange the rolled pancakes in it and chill.
17) Prepare the sauce by sautéing the onions and garlic in the oil until soft.
18) Mix the tomato paste, tomatoes, bay leaves, parsley, oregano, lemon rind, salt and water to this.
19) Stir and boil the mixture gently for 1 to 1 1/2 hours and allow chilling.
20) Brush the top layer of rolled pancakes with a little melted butter or margarine and top with a little Parmesan cheese.
21) Bake in the oven for 20 minutes till heated.
22) Heat the chilled tomato sauce and pour over the rolled and stuffed pancakes.
23) Serve hot.