Gammon Ham With Pineapple And Corn Sauce
|Smoked ham slices||2|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Pineapple rings||4 , halved|
|Milk||5⁄8 Cup (10 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Cooked corn||4 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Pineapple syrup||2 Tablespoon|
1) Trim off the fat from the gammon (ham).
2) Grill (broil) it for several minutes on one side after brushing it with melted butter or margarine.
3) Turn to the other side and continue cooking by applying more butter or margarine.
4) To the grill (broiler) pan, add pineapple rings when the gammon (ham) is almost ready.
5) Use the remaining melted butter or margarine to brush them and heat thoroughly.
6) In the meantime, take a saucepan and melt the butter or margarine and add in the flour.
7) Heat, stirring continuously, for 1 minute.
8) Slowly add milk and allow simmering by stirring constantly till the mixture is thick.
9) Season and add the onion, sweetcorn and parsley and heat gently.
10) Take a plate and arrange the gammon (ham) and pineapple on it and garnish with watercress.
11) Whip the pineapple syrup into the sauce when ready to serve.