Mushrooms with Red Bell Pepper Sauce
|Button mushrooms||700 Gram|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Red bell peppers||250 Gram|
|Vegetable stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (With A Pinch Of Sodium Bicarbonate)|
1. In a colander, wash mushrooms and drain the mushrooms then pat dry on a kitchen town.
2. Stem the mushrooms and finely chop the stems. Thinly slice the caps and place in a bowl until ready to cook.
3. In a colander place the bell peppers and immerse the colander in a pan of boiling salted water for 1 minute
4. Remove the colander and refresh the peppers in cold water then drain thoroughly.
5. Chop the bell peppers, discarding the pith and seeds and keep in a bowl until required.
6. In a skillet, heat the butter with oil over a medium flame.
7. Add the chopped onion and sauté until it is soft and translucent.
8. Add the garlic and chopped mushroom stems and sauté for another 2 minutes before adding the sliced mushrooms to the pan.
9. Sauté till the mushroom moisture has evaporated. Take pan off the heat and set aside until serving.
10. In a saucepan, combine the peppers and stock and bring to a boil over a medium flame. Simmer the peppers until they are tender.
11. Turn off the heat and allow the stock to cool then pour into a blender and puree the peppers to a smooth consistency.
12. Return the pureed peppers into a saucepan and place on a medium flame.
13. When the sauce comes to a boil, reduce the heat and stir in the cream
14. Season the sauce with salt and pepper according to your taste.
15. Simmer the sauce over a low flame until well heated.
16. At the same time, reheat the mushrooms in the skillet.
17. Turn the mushrooms into a serving dish.
18. Pour the hot sauce over them and serve with steam rice or pasta.
19. You can also serve the mushrooms over toast or muffins if you like.