Mushrooms with Red Bell Pepper Sauce
|Button mushrooms||700 Gram|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Red bell peppers||250 Gram|
|Vegetable stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (With A Pinch Of Sodium Bicarbonate)|
1. In a colander, wash mushrooms and drain the mushrooms then pat dry on a kitchen town.
2. Stem the mushrooms and finely chop the stems. Thinly slice the caps and place in a bowl until ready to cook.
3. In a colander place the bell peppers and immerse the colander in a pan of boiling salted water for 1 minute
4. Remove the colander and refresh the peppers in cold water then drain thoroughly.
5. Chop the bell peppers, discarding the pith and seeds and keep in a bowl until required.
6. In a skillet, heat the butter with oil over a medium flame.
7. Add the chopped onion and sauté until it is soft and translucent.
8. Add the garlic and chopped mushroom stems and sauté for another 2 minutes before adding the sliced mushrooms to the pan.
9. Sauté till the mushroom moisture has evaporated. Take pan off the heat and set aside until serving.
10. In a saucepan, combine the peppers and stock and bring to a boil over a medium flame. Simmer the peppers until they are tender.
11. Turn off the heat and allow the stock to cool then pour into a blender and puree the peppers to a smooth consistency.
12. Return the pureed peppers into a saucepan and place on a medium flame.
13. When the sauce comes to a boil, reduce the heat and stir in the cream
14. Season the sauce with salt and pepper according to your taste.
15. Simmer the sauce over a low flame until well heated.
16. At the same time, reheat the mushrooms in the skillet.
17. Turn the mushrooms into a serving dish.
18. Pour the hot sauce over them and serve with steam rice or pasta.
19. You can also serve the mushrooms over toast or muffins if you like.
Calories 441 Calories from Fat 174
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.8%
Saturated Fat 12 g59.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 44.4 mg14.8%
Sodium 477.1 mg19.9%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g20.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.3%
Sugars 28.2 g
Protein 9 g17.8%
Vitamin A 50.6% Vitamin C 146.2%
Calcium 15.1% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet