Poached Peaches with Mixed Fruit and Sauce Sabayon
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry white wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon peel||2 Teaspoon, shredded|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla bean/1/2 teaspoon vanilla||1|
|Peaches||4 Large, peeled, halved, and pitted|
|Assorted fruit||4 Cup (64 tbs) (Strawberries, Raspberries, Blueberries, Or Pitted Dark Sweet Cherries)|
1. In a large saucepan, combine water, wine, sugar, lemon peel, lemon juice, and vanilla.
2. Bring to boiling, stirring until the sugar melts.
3. Soak the peaches in the liquid.
4. Reduce the flame to low and simmer for 5 to 6 minutes until tender but not mushy
5. Use a slotted spoon to remove peaches onto a platter. Chill them in the refrigerator.
6. Take pan off the flame.
7. Add fresh fruit into the poaching liquid and stand for 10 minutes.
8. Strain fruit and add to a bowl. Place in the refrigerator to chill.
9. Place peach halves, cut side up, on individual dessert plates.
10. Spoon mixed fruit into the center of the peaches.
11. Pour sabayon sauce over and around the fruit.
12. Garnish with cookie crumbs.