Best Chicken Loaf With Mushroom Sauce
|Soft bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pimentos||1 Can (10 oz), diced|
|Onion||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Eggs||5 , well beaten|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coffee cream/Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mushrooms||2 Can (20 oz)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a kettle, place the chicken, carrot, onion, bay leaf and several celery leaves. Cover with water and bring to a boil.
3) Cook on low flame till the chicken is tender. Cool the chicken in broth, drain and reserve the broth.
4) Remove the skin and bones from the chicken, clean and chop the chicken finely.
5) Combine together bread crumbs, rice, 1 ½ teaspoons of salt, pimentos, 2 cups of the reserved broth, minced onion and eggs and mix well.
6) In a greased baking pan, place the mixture and bake for about 60 minutes at 350 degrees.
7) For the sauce, in top of a double boiler, melt the butter and stir it in the flour. Add 2 cups of the reserved broth, coffee cream, salt to taste, paprika and mushrooms and liquid and place mixture over boiling water. Cook it, stirring constantly, till mixture has thickened.
8) Remove from the water, stir in the lemon juice and parsley.
9) Serve chicken mixture hot with mushroom sauce.