Chicken Galantine with Citrus Sauce
|Chicken||3 Pound, boned (1.5 Kilogram)|
|Pork and veal mince||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Sausage mince||4 Ounce (125 Gram)|
|Pistachios||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green peppercorns||1 Tablespoon, drained|
|Onion||1 , grated|
|Breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Oil||1 Tablespoon (For Brushing)|
|Citrus sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange marmalade||2 Tablespoon|
|Red currant jelly||1 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Orange rind||1 Tablespoon, shredded and blanched|
1) Take a small bowl to prepare the filling by combining mince, pistachios, peppercorns, onion, breadcrumbs and egg. Set it aside.
2) In your working surface, lay the chicken out by keeping the skin side down. Place the filling along the edge of the chicken. Roll up the chicken by tucking in the edges.
3) Tie the chicken roll with a string. Brush oil evenly on the surface of the roll. Wrap the roll in transparent food grade plastic sheet.
4) Take a baking dish and spray with vegetable cooking spray.
5) Set your oven at moderate heat and place the baking dish inside the oven.
6) Bake the chicken for at least 40-45 minutes.
7) After 45 minutes, bring it out and open the plastic sheet. Brush the roll with oil for another time.
8) Return the roll to the baking dish and continue baking for another 30 minutes or until the chicken turns golden brown.
9) Take a saucepan for preparing hot citrus sauce. Add orange juice, marmalade, jelly, mustard and water to the saucepan. Heat up the liquid over medium heat to bring a boil. Reduce the heat to low and let the liquid simmer until the sauce reduces to half. Strain the sauce in a serving bowl. Garnish with orange peel.
10) Slice the chicken and serve with hot citrus sauce.
Calories 689 Calories from Fat 373
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.3%
Saturated Fat 11.3 g56.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.8 mg70.6%
Sodium 394.8 mg16.5%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.7%
Sugars 10.7 g
Protein 56 g112.4%
Vitamin A 8.7% Vitamin C 45.4%
Calcium 7.6% Iron 20.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet