Sirloin Steak In A Tomato And Caper Sauce
|Sirloin steaks||5 1⁄2 Ounce (150 Gram)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), thinly sliced|
|Capers||2 Tablespoon, drained, rinsed|
|Flat leaf parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Plum tomatoes||400 Gram (1 Can)|
|Dried oregano||2 Tablespoon|
|Couscous||8 Ounce (200 Gram)|
|Red pepper||1 , finely chopped|
|Shallot||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped flat leaf parsley||3 Tablespoon|
1) Take a frying pan and heat it.
2) Now, pour in the olive oil. Add the steaks and fry both the sides until they turn golden brown. Remove only the steaks from the pan and set them aside on a plate.
3) Put in the garlic, capers, anchovies and half the parsley into the same pan. Then, saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
4) Put in the tomatoes and oregano, and over high heat, sauté for a minute.
5) Now, reduce the heat and put the steaks back into the pan. If there is some juice from the steaks on the plate, pour them into the pan. and any juices collected on the plate to the pan. Stir to cover the steaks with the sauces in the pan.
6) Allow it to simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes or till the time the sauce thickens and the steaks are cooked well.
7) As the steaks are cooking, put the couscous in a bowl and pour boiling water over it.
8) Make sure that the water stands just 1cm above the layer of couscous. Mix well. Cover the bowl with cling film and let it rest for about 5 minutes.
9) Then, take away the film and stir with a fork to remove any lumps formed. Add the red pepper, finely chopped shallot, lemon juice, parsley and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
10) Place equal amounts of couscous on each plate. Place a steak over the couscous and spoon over the sauce. Serve hot.