Cranberry and Currant Sauce
|Sunflower oil/Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Red onion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Golden caster sugar||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Cinnamon stick||1 Inch (Finger Length)|
|Frozen cranberries||10 Ounce, Defrosted (300 Gram)|
|White wine||6 Fluid Ounce (175 Milliliter)|
I1. In a sauce pan, heat the oil.
2. Add onions and fry for 5 mins.
3. Increase the heat and add some color drops,sugar, cinnamon sticks and currants.
4. Keep stirring till the sugar gets dissolved completely.
5. Add cranberries and wine into the pan and stir.
6. Simmer for 5-7 mins until the berries get soft, and a thick sauce is made.
7. Remove the pan from the heat and keep it aside.
8. The sauce will get more thick once kept aside
Calories 549 Calories from Fat 133
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.2%
Saturated Fat 2 g9.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 4.7 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 86 g28.7%
Dietary Fiber 8 g31.8%
Sugars 68.1 g
Protein 2 g3.6%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C 17.2%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 2.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet