Eggs Sur Le Plat With Wine Sauce
|Red wine||700 Milliliter|
|Onions||2 Medium, finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Beurre manie||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the to 350 degree F
2. Grease 8 ramekin or cocotte dishes with oil or butter.
3. In a saucepan, combine the wine, onions, garlic, salt and pepper.
4. Place the pan over a medium flame and boil the liquid for 5 minutes.
5. Whisk in cubes of cold beurre manie, stirring continuously until well blended.
6. Reduce the heat and simmer the sauce, stirring frequently, until it thickens.
7. Take pan off the heat, taste and adjust seasoning and add sugar if required.
8. Spoon the sauce into the prepared ramekin dishes and cool slightly.
9. Break 1 egg at a time in a saucer.
10. Carefully slide one egg into each dish.
11. Arrange the ramekin moulds on a baking sheet and place in the preheated oven. Bake the eggs for about 10-15 minutes till whites set.
12. Remove from the oven and serve the eggs in the dishes accompanied with hot rolls or butter toasts