Vanilla Blanc Mange With Fruit Sauce
|Unflavored gelatin||2 Tablespoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Skim milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Noncaloric liquid sweetener||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Dietetic fruit cocktail||1 Pound, drained (1 Can)|
1. Sprinkle gelatine over 1/2 cup medium bowl; let stand, to soften.
2. Meanwhile, slowly heat rest of milk just until bubbly around edge of pan.
3. Pour over gelatine, stirring until dissolved. Add sugar, salt, sweetener, and vanilla.
4. Refrigerate until consistency of unbeaten egg white—about 1 hour.
5. With rotary beater, beat until very frothy and almost double in bulk.
6. Pour into 6 individual molds or 8-inch
(5 1/2-cup) ring mold. Refrigerate several hours.
7. To serve: Loosen edge with sharp knife. Invert onto serving plates or platter.
8. Spoon fruit cocktail over molds.
Calories 101 Calories from Fat 2
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.21 g0.33%
Saturated Fat 0.14 g0.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.3 mg0.8%
Sodium 158.2 mg6.6%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.72 g2.9%
Sugars 13.7 g
Protein 8 g16.5%
Vitamin A 3.1% Vitamin C 3.1%
Calcium 14.6% Iron 0.58%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet