Chicken With Lime Sauce
|Boneless skinless chicken breast halves||4|
|Lime juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Seasoned stir fry oil/Hot oil||5 Teaspoon, divided|
|Grated lime peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Approximately)|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Red hot chili pepper||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Minced cilantro||1 Tablespoon|
1. Place each chicken piece between two sheets of plastic wrap. Pound with mallet or rolling pin to flatten to 1/4-inch thickness.
2. Combine lime juice, 1 tablespoon oil, lime peel, garlic, salt and black pepper in medium bowl. Add chicken; toss to coat well. Cover and refrigerate 15 minutes to 1 hour.
3. Drain chicken, reserving marinade. Combine marinade and enough chicken broth to make 3/4 cup liquid. Whisk in cornstarch; set aside.
4. Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in wok or large skillet over high heat. Stir-fry onion and chili pepper 1 minute; remove from wok with slotted spoon. Set aside.
5. Cook chicken over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned on bottom. Turn chicken and cook 4 to 5 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove chicken from wok; keep warm.
6. Combine broth mixture and onion mixture in wok. Boil sauce until thickened, scraping bottom of wok to loosen all drippings. Pour sauce over chicken; sprinkle with cilantro.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 676 Calories from Fat 262
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.5%
Saturated Fat 5 g25.1%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 199.5 mg66.5%
Sodium 1506.8 mg62.8%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.8%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 82 g163.2%
Vitamin A 25.2% Vitamin C 88.1%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 21.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet