Chicken With Lime Sauce
|Boneless skinless chicken breast halves||4|
|Lime juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Seasoned stir fry oil/Hot oil||5 Teaspoon, divided|
|Grated lime peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Approximately)|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Red hot chili pepper||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Minced cilantro||1 Tablespoon|
1. Place each chicken piece between two sheets of plastic wrap. Pound with mallet or rolling pin to flatten to 1/4-inch thickness.
2. Combine lime juice, 1 tablespoon oil, lime peel, garlic, salt and black pepper in medium bowl. Add chicken; toss to coat well. Cover and refrigerate 15 minutes to 1 hour.
3. Drain chicken, reserving marinade. Combine marinade and enough chicken broth to make 3/4 cup liquid. Whisk in cornstarch; set aside.
4. Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in wok or large skillet over high heat. Stir-fry onion and chili pepper 1 minute; remove from wok with slotted spoon. Set aside.
5. Cook chicken over medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes or until lightly browned on bottom. Turn chicken and cook 4 to 5 minutes longer or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Remove chicken from wok; keep warm.
6. Combine broth mixture and onion mixture in wok. Boil sauce until thickened, scraping bottom of wok to loosen all drippings. Pour sauce over chicken; sprinkle with cilantro.