Chicken Timbales With Mushroom Sauce
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Skinned boned chicken breasts||10 Ounce, cut into pieces|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon, divided|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Sliced mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon, divided|
|Pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon, divided|
1. In small skillet heat margarine until bubbly and hot; add onion and saute over low heat until softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 350°F. Transfer sauteed onion to work bowl of food processor; add chicken and milk and process until smooth. Add 2 teaspoons parsley, 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper, and the nutmeg and process to blend; divide mixture into two 10-ounce custard cups and, using back of spoon, smooth surface of each.
3. Cover each cup with foil and bake until a knife, inserted in center, comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes.
4. Into small skillet carefully drain accumulated liquid from each chicken timbale; set timbales aside and keep warm. Add mushrooms and remaining 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender, about 5 minutes.
5. In small cup combine water and arrowroot, stirring to dissolve arrowroot; add to mushroom mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Stir in remaining teaspoon parsley.
6. Unmold each timbale onto a plate and top each with half of the sauce.