Spiced Tomato Sauce
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Orange color||2 Drop (optional)|
|Cinnamon stick||1 Inch|
|Cumin seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Wash and chop the tomatoes. Mince the onion and garlic.
2. Mix the spices together and tie in a muslin bag.
3. To the chopped tomatoes add the minced garlic, onion and the spice bag and cook until the tomatoes are done.
4. Cool and squeeze all the liquid from the bag. Pass this pulp through a sieve.
5. Add the sugar, salt and vinegar to the liquid and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for some more time stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add the colour.