Red Snapper with Spicy Orange Sauce
|Red snapper fillets||1 1⁄4 Pound (2 Fillets)|
|Black pepper||3⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon, at room temperature|
|Frozen orange juice concentrate||1 Tablespoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1. Cut each fish fillet in half to make 4 equal servings.
2. In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Dredge the fish lightly in the seasoned flour.
3. In a large skillet, preferably nonstick, warm the oil over medium-high heat. Add the fish and cook, turning once, until the fish just flakes when tested with a fork, 6 to 8 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, blend the butter, orange juice concentrate, chili powder, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
5. Transfer the fish to dinner plates and top each serving with 1 tablespoon of the spicy orange sauce. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve hot.
Calories 324 Calories from Fat 160
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28%
Saturated Fat 8.7 g43.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 84.7 mg28.2%
Sodium 473 mg19.7%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3%
Dietary Fiber 1 g4%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 30 g60.9%
Vitamin A 30.4% Vitamin C 21.9%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 7.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet