Grilled Shrimp with Tomato Ginger Sauce
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Dry white wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Shrimp||24 Medium, shelled and deveined|
|Scallions||3 , chopped|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), minced|
|Minced ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Jalapeno peppers||To Taste, seeded and chopped|
|Ground coriander||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||3 , coarsely chopped|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
1. In a bowl, combine the onion, wine, lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon of the oil. Add the shrimp and let them marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, warm the remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add the scallions, garlic, ginger, and jalapenos, and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in the coriander, cumin, and mustard, and cook the mixture for 1 minute.
3. Add the tomatoes and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the vinegar and brown sugar. Transfer the sauce to a serving bowl and let it cool.
4. Preheat the broiler. Thread the shrimp in interlocking pairs onto 4 skewers. Brush the shrimp with any remaining marinade and broil them about 2 inches from the heat until they are opaque, about 3 minutes.
5. Serve the shrimp on their skewers with the sauce presented alongside.