Flounder Fillets With Tomato Orange Sauce
|Orange juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Fresh)|
|Finely chopped shallots/Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||8 Ounce (2 Medium Ones 4 Ounce Each)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon (Fresh)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Yellow cornmeal||3 Tablespoon|
|Flounder fillets/Sole fillets||1 1⁄4 Pound (8 Small Ones)|
|Vegetable oil||4 Teaspoon|
|Lemon wedges||4 (For Garnish)|
|Parsley sprigs||2 (For Garnish)|
1. MAKE THE SAUCE: Combine the orange juice and shallots in a small nonreactive saucepan and boil over moderate heat until reduced by half, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat.
2. Peel the tomatoes: if you have a gas flame, jab a tomato onto a long fork and turn directly in the flame for 30 seconds to 1 minute, until blistered all over. Repeat with the second tomato. Alternatively, dip the tomatoes into boiling water for 10 to 15 seconds. Peel the tomatoes. Cut them in half crosswise and gently squeeze out the seeds. Chop the tomatoes into 1/2-inch dice; add the reduced orange juice mixture. Place over moderate heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes to blend the flavors. Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice and butter until the butter is blended into the sauce. Stir in the chopped parsley and salt and pepper.
3. PREPARE THE FISH FILLETS: In a shallow dish or pie pan, stir together the flour and cornmeal. One at a time, dredge the fish fillets in the mixture, lightly coating both sides.
4. Place a large nonstick or well-seasoned skillet over moderate heat. When hot, spoon in 2 teaspoons of the vegetable oil. Add half of the fish fillets in a single layer without crowding and brown well over moderately high heat, about 2 minutes. Lower the heat and turn the fillets. Cook just until done (the fish will flake easily), about 1 minute longer. Put on a hot platter and repeat with the remaining 2 teaspoons oil and the remaining 4 fillets.
5. To serve, place 2 fillets on each plate and spoon about 1/4 cup of the tomato-orange sauce over. Serve hot, with lemon wedges and parsley sprigs.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1535 Calories from Fat 672
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 75 g115.7%
Saturated Fat 26.5 g132.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 352.3 mg117.4%
Sodium 2035.6 mg84.8%
Total Carbohydrates 135 g45%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.4%
Sugars 38.3 g
Protein 84 g167.9%
Vitamin A 116.4% Vitamin C 326.6%
Calcium 24.8% Iron 36.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet