Chicken In A Cashew Nut Sauce
|Tomato puree||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Cashew nuts||2 Ounce (50 Gram / 1/3 Cup)|
|Garam masala||7 1⁄2 Milliliter (1 1/2 Teaspoon)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Chili powder||5 Milliliter|
|Lemon juice||15 Milliliter (1 Teaspoon)|
|Turmeric||1 1⁄2 Milliliter (1/4 Teaspoon)|
|Salt||5 Milliliter (1 Teaspoon)|
|Low fat natural yogurt||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Corn oil||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Chopped fresh coriander||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Sultanas||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Skinless boneless chicken||1 Pound, cubed (450 Gram)|
|Button mushrooms||6 Ounce (175 Gram / 2 1/2 Cups)|
|Water||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter / 1 1/4 Cups)|
|Coriander sprig||1 (For Garnish)|
1. Cut the onions into quarters and place in a food processor or blender and process for about 1 minute.
2. Add the tomato puree, cashew nuts, garam masala, garlic, chilli powder, lemon juice, turmeric, salt and yogurt to the processed onions.
3. Process all the ingredients in the food processor for a further 1-1 1/2 minutes.
4. In a saucepan, heat the oil, lower the heat to medium and pour in the spice mixture from the food processor.
5. Fry the mixture for about 2 minutes, lowering the heat if necessary.
6. Add the fresh coriander, sultanas and chicken, and continue to stir-fry for a further 1 minute.
7. Add the mushrooms, pour in the water and bring to a simmer. Cover the pan and cook over a low heat for about 10 minutes. Check that the chicken is thoroughly cooked and the sauce is thick. Cook longer if necessary. Serve the chicken garnished with a sprig of coriander.