Mussels In Ginger Cumin Sauce
|Mussels in shells||2 1⁄2 Pound, scraped (1 Kilogram)|
|Shallots||2 , chopped|
|White wine||3 Fluid Ounce (90 Milliliter)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (30 Gram)|
|Ginger piece||1 Small, grated|
|Green chili||1⁄2 , seeded and chopped|
|Lime juice||1⁄2 Tablespoon (Juice Extracted From 1/2 Lime)|
|Cream||1⁄2 Pint (140 Milliliter)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1. Discard any mussels that are open or have cracked shells.
2. Put mussels into a large, deep pan and sprinkle over half the shallot. Add the bay leaf and wine.
3. Cover the pan and bring to the boil, shaking the pan. Cook for about 3 minutes or until the mussels have opened. Set aside and keep covered.
4. Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the remaining chopped shallot. Soften for 2 minutes and add the ginger, cumin, turmeric and chilli.
5. Add the lime juice and strain on the cooking liquid from the mussels. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally and allow to boil to reduce by half.
6. Pour on the cream and reboil to reduce slightly and thicken.
7. Divide the mussels between 4 serving bowls and pour on the sauce.
8. Sprinkle parsley over each serving.
Calories 368 Calories from Fat 89
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.9%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65.9 mg22%
Sodium 686.1 mg28.6%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.37 g1.5%
Sugars 14.4 g
Protein 24 g48.9%
Vitamin A 20.7% Vitamin C 41.8%
Calcium 15.3% Iron 47%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet