Ricotta Ring with Fresh Berries Sauce
|Gelatin||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Orange liqueur||4 Tablespoon|
|Ricotta cheese||1 Pound (500 Gram)|
|Thick cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Thickened Cream)|
|Icing sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
|Natural yogurt||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Strawberries||1 Pint, hulled (1 Small Box)|
|Raspberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raspberry jam||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Strawberries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced (Extra)|
|Raspberries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Extra)|
1. In a small saucepan, combine gelatin with orange liqueur. Stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved, set aside and cool slightly.
2. In a large bowl, beat ricotta cheese until smooth with an electric mixer. Add cream, icing sugar, essence, yogurt and milk, beat further 1 minute.
3. Stir in gelatin mixture, mix well. Pour mixture into a lightly oiled, 4-cup capacity ring tin and refrigerate for 3 hours or until firm.
4. ln a blender or food processor, blend strawberries, raspberries and jam until smooth, pour mixture through sieve.
5. Unmold ricotta ring onto serving plate, fill center with extra strawberries and raspberries and serve with sauce.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2905 Calories from Fat 1401
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 159 g245.4%
Saturated Fat 98.8 g493.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 593.5 mg197.8%
Sodium 652.1 mg27.2%
Total Carbohydrates 272 g90.8%
Dietary Fiber 17.8 g71.4%
Sugars 224 g
Protein 90 g179.4%
Vitamin A 118.6% Vitamin C 566.8%
Calcium 155.5% Iron 28.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet