Crab Spring Rolls And Dipping Sauce
|Groundnut oil||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Sesame oil||5 Milliliter (1 Teaspoon)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Red chili||1 , seeded and finely sliced (Fresh)|
|Stir fry vegetables||1 Pound (Fresh, Such As Bean Sprouts And Shredded Carrots, Peppers And Mange Touts, 450 Gram)|
|Chopped coriander||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Fresh ginger root piece||1 Inch, grated|
|Chinese rice wine/Dry sherry||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Soy sauce||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Dressed crab meat||12 Ounce (Fresh, Brown And White Meat, 350 Gram)|
|Spring roll wrappers||12|
|Egg||1 Small, beaten|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Lime wedges||4 (For Garnish)|
|Fresh coriander||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
|For the dipping sauce|
|Onion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Red chili||1 , seeded and finely chopped (Fresh)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Dark soy sauce||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|Lemon juice/15-25 milliliter prepared tamarind juice||20 Milliliter (4 Teaspoon)|
|Hot water||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
1. First make the sauce. Spread the onion out on kitchen paper and leave to dry for 30 minutes. Then halffill a wok with oil and heat to 190°C/375°F. Fry the onion in batches until crisp and golden, turning all the time. Drain on kitchen paper.
2. Mix together the chilli, garlic, soy sauce, lemon or tamarind juice and hot water in a bowl.
3. Stir in the onion and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
4. Heat the groundnut and sesame oils in a clean, preheated wok. When hot, stir-fry the crushed garlic and chilli for 1 minute. Add the vegetables, coriander and ginger and stir-fry for 1 minute more. Drizzle over the rice wine or dry sherry and soy sauce. Allow the mixture to bubble up for 1 minute.
5. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the vegetables to a bowl. Set aside until cool, then stir in the crab meat and season with salt and pepper.
6. Soften the spring roll wrappers, following the directions on the packet. Place some of the filling on a wrapper, fold over the front edge and the sides and roll up neatly, sealing the edges with a little beaten egg. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.
7. Heat the oil for deep-frying in the wok and fry the spring rolls in batches, turning several times, until brown and crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon, drain on kitchen paper and keep hot while frying the remainder. Serve at once, garnished with lime wedges and coriander, with the dipping sauce.