Classic Barbeque Sauce
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Ginger||2 Tablespoon, peeled and chopped|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Chili powder||3 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Canned pineapple||8 Ounce, crushed with its juice|
|Canned tomatoes||28 Ounce, with puree|
|Ketchup||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dark brown sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Light molasses||3 Tablespoon|
|Dry mustard||2 Teaspoon|
1. In a 6 quart stockpot, heat olive oil over medium heat until hot.
2. Stir in the ginger and onion. Cook for 10 minutes until the onion is golden and tender.
3. Add in the chili powder; stir and cook for 1 minute.
4. Stir in the garlic and pineapple, cook for another 1 minute.
5. Remove the stockpot from heat and stir in the crushed tomatoes, ketchup, cider vinegar, brown sugar, molasses, dry mustard, and salt.
6. Using an immersion blender, puree the sauce until smooth.
7. Return the saucepot to high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook with occasional stirring for 25 minutes or until the sauce reduces to about 5 cups.
8. Spread the sauce over the chicken, beef or pork and barbecue. Serve and enjoy!