Codfish Cakes With Horseradish Sauce
|Cod fillets||3⁄4 Pound, finely chopped|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), unseasoned|
|Finely chopped onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Grainy mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Anise||2 Tablespoon, flavored|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Capers||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Plain low fat yogurt||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Red wine vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 400°. Lightly oil a large baking sheet.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the fish, 1/2 cup of the bread crumbs, the whole egg, egg white, onion, all but 1 tablespoon of the parsley, the garlic, 1 tablespoon of the mustard, the anisette (if using), lemon juice, capers, paprika, and cayenne, and toss to mix thoroughly.
3. Place the remaining 3/4 cup bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Divide the fish mixture cake about 3/4 inch thick. Coat the cakes well with the bread crumbs and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Bake the codfish cakes for 20 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, combine the yogurt, vinegar, horseradish, and the remaining 1 tablespoon each mustard and parsley.
5. Serve the cakes with a dollop of sauce on the side.