Vegan Fresh Cranberry Sauce
|Cranberries||10 Ounce (Fresh / Frozen, 1 Package)|
|Orange||1 , zested and juiced|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Maple syrup/Other unrefined sweetener||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground flax/1 teaspoon agar powder||1 Tablespoon|
1. Put the cranberries, orange zest and juice, water, maple syrup, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small pot and bring to a boil.
2. Once it's boiling, turn the heat down to low and leave the cranberries to simmer.
3. The berries will pop open, soften and start to thicken after about 20 minutes.
4. You can serve it like this, or if you prefer a gelatinous texture you can use the flax or agar powder.
5. Turn the heat off and stir the powder into the sauce.
6. Leave it to cool, at room temperature or in the fridge, and it will solidify in about half an hour.
7. Serve it with any of your Christmas delicacies.
Calories 123 Calories from Fat 14
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.4%
Saturated Fat 0.11 g0.54%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 4.5 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.4%
Sugars 18.3 g
Protein 1 g2.7%
Vitamin A 2.7% Vitamin C 45.6%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 4.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet