Crispy Flounder with Sweet and Sour Sauce
|Plain low-fat yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Apricot jam/Orange marmalade||1 Tablespoon|
|Dijon mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Cider vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Fine unseasoned dry bread crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Flounder/Sole/sea bass fillets||1 1⁄2 Pound (1/2 Inch Thick)|
1. In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, apricot jam, mustard, vinegar, and parsley (if using). Stir to blend.
2. Preheat the oven to 400°. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly oil the foil.
3. In a shallow bowl, beat the egg and milk together. In another shallow bowl or platter, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan, salt, and pepper. Dip the fish first into the egg mixture and then into the bread crumb mixture, coating well on both sides.
4. Place the fish on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Bake, uncovered, for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the fish is opaque and just flakes when tested with a fork.
5. Serve the fish hot with the sweet-and-sour sauce on the side.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1675 Calories from Fat 310
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.4%
Saturated Fat 10.7 g53.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 575.3 mg191.8%
Sodium 3619.1 mg150.8%
Total Carbohydrates 151 g50.4%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28%
Sugars 31 g
Protein 178 g355.9%
Vitamin A 39.2% Vitamin C 54.5%
Calcium 76.3% Iron 28.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet