Balti Chicken In A Creamy Lemon Sauce
|Natural yogurt||3 Tablespoon|
|Garam masala||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh coriander||1 Tablespoon|
|Skinless boneless chicken||1 Pound, cut into 2 inch pieces (500 Gram)|
|Unsalted butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Corn oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Mustard seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Onions||2 , finely diced|
|Garlic pulp||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger pulp||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Button mushrooms||6 Ounce (175 Gram)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped fresh coriander||8 Tablespoon|
|Greek yogurt||2 Tablespoon|
|Single cream||6 Fluid Ounce (175 Milliliter)|
|Fresh red chilies||2 , diced (To Garnish)|
1. In a bowl, mix together the yogurt, garam masala, ground coriander, chilli powder, fresh coriander, garlic, corn oil and salt.
2. Pour the spice mixture over the chicken pieces, cover and leave to marinate for about 2 hours.
3. Meanwhile, make the sauce. In a balti pan, karahi or large saucepan, heat the butter with the corn oil and fry the mustard seeds for about 30 seconds. Add the onions and fry for 1 1/2-2 minutes. Lower the heat and add the garlic, ginger, ground coriander, chilli powder, mushrooms, lemon juice, salt and half of the fresh coriander and stir-fry for at least 2 minutes. Stir in the Greek yogurt and cream and cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
4. Place the marinated chicken pieces on a heatproof dish and set under a preheated medium grill. Grill for about 7 minutes, basting occasionally and turning at least twice.
5. Drop the chicken pieces into the sauce and cook over a medium heat for about 2 minutes.
6. Transfer to a warmed serving dish and serve, garnished with the remaining fresh coriander and the diced red chillies.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2002 Calories from Fat 1293
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 147 g225.6%
Saturated Fat 59.1 g295.5%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 562.3 mg187.4%
Sodium 2692.1 mg112.2%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g21.1%
Dietary Fiber 16.9 g67.5%
Sugars 20.6 g
Protein 119 g238.1%
Vitamin A 275.2% Vitamin C 212%
Calcium 61.6% Iron 59.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet