Beets In Orange Sauce
|Beet||2 Bunch (200 gm) (Medium Sized)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Beet liquid||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Reserved, Adjust Quantity As Needed)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated orange rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Scrub beets. Cut off tops. Peel if necessary and cut into small cubes.
2. Cook beets.
3. When beets are cooked, measure remaining liquid into a measuring cup. Add sufficient water to make 1/2 cup beet liquid.
4. Combine cornstarch, salt, sugar, orange juice and reserved beet juice in a saucepan.
5. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick and smooth.
6. Add lemon juice, orange rind, and butter.
7. Add beets and heat thoroughly over medium heat.