Mushrooms In Watercress Sauce
|Button mushrooms||4 Ounce, halved (125 Gram)|
|Watercress||2 1⁄2 Ounce, chopped roughly (65 Gram)|
|Green onions||2 , chopped|
|Boiling water||5 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated nutmeg||To Taste|
|Watercress sprig||3 (For Garnish)|
1. First, make the sauce. Place the watercress, green onions and boiling water in a small saucepan. Cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes. Leave to cool a little.
2. Beat the egg yolks and milk together.
3. Spoon the watercress mixture into a blender or food processor, add the beaten egg yolks and work until smooth.
4. Return the watercress sauce to a very low heat and stir constantly until it begins to thicken; do not allow it to boil or the sauce will curdle. Season well with nutmeg, salt and pepper, and lemon juice. Keep warm.
5. Melt the butter in a pan, add the mushrooms and fry gently for about 5 minutes.
6. Serve the mushrooms with the sauce poured over, either on toast, or with crusty whole wheat bread. Garnish with watercress sprigs.