Kidneys In Sherry Sauce
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Lamb kidneys||3 , halved|
|Bacon slice||1 , chopped|
|Chopped green onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic clove||1 Small, crushed|
|Mushrooms||1 1⁄2 Ounce, sliced (40 Gram)|
|Chicken stock||6 Tablespoon (Approximately)|
|Chopped thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Frozen corn kernel||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped parsley/Thyme||1 Tablespoon (To Garnish)|
1. Season the flour with salt and pepper and use to coat the kidneys. Reserve any remaining seasoned flour.
2. Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a frying pan, add the kidneys and fry until brown all over. Remove and set aside.
3. Add the remaining oil and the bacon to the pan, stir in the green onion, garlic and mushrooms and fry gently for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the remaining seasoned flour.
4. Pour the sherry into a measuring jug and make up to 125 ml (1/2 cup) with stock. Gradually add to the vegetables, then bring to the boil, stirring.
5. Lower the heat so the stock is just simmering. Return the kidneys to the pan with any juices which have run from them. Stir in the thyme and corn. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the kidneys are cooked. Stir in the cream and check the seasoning.
6. Serve with noodles and garnish with parsley or thyme.