Crab And Shrimp Sauce
|Canned crabmeat||6 1⁄4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned deveined shrimps||5 Ounce (1 Can)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||1 Tablespoon|
|Light cream||2 Tablespoon|
1. Drain crab meat, removing the bony tissue, if any; flake it into a medium-size bowl. Drain shrimps; rinse and chop. Combine with crab meat.
2. Melt butter or margarine in a medium-size saucepan; stir in the flour, salt and cayenne; cook, stirring constantly, until bubbly. Stir in milk; continue cooking and stirring until sauce thickens and bubbles for 1 minute; remove from the heat.
3. Beat egg yolk slightly in a small bowl; stir in sherry and cream. Slowly stir in a generous 1/2 cup of the hot sauce, then stir back into remaining sauce in the pan. Cook slowly, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Fold 1/3 cup into crab mixture; keep remaining sauce warm.
4. For appetizer crepes, unroll crepes, one at a time; place a tea spoon of crab mixture on each; reroll. Place in a single layer in a large chafing dish or a keep-hot server; spoon the remaining sauce around crepes.
5. For main-dish crepes, spoon about 1/2 cup crab mixture on each unrolled crepe; reroll. Place 2 on each of four heated serving plates. Spoon the remaining sauce around crepes; serve immediately.