Salmon With Creamy Horseradish Sauce
|Dry white table wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Salmon steaks||10 Ounce (2 Steaks, 5 Ounce Each)|
|Sour cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Prepared horseradish||2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh mint||1 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. In 10-inch nonstick skillet combine 1/2 cup water, the wine, onion, lemon juice, and peppercorns; cover and cook over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to medium-low; add salmon, cover, and simmer until salmon flakes easily when tested with a fork, 5 to 6 minutes (depending on thickness of salmon).
3. While salmon cooks, prepare horseradish mixture. In small mixing bowl combine sour cream, horseradish, flour, mint, and white pepper; stir to combine and set aside.
4. Transfer salmon to serving platter; keep warm.
5. Pour cooking liquid through sieve into bowl, discarding solids. Return to skillet and cook over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a boil; stir in horseradish mixture. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour over salmon.