Salmon With Creamy Horseradish Sauce
|Dry white table wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Salmon steaks||10 Ounce (2 Steaks, 5 Ounce Each)|
|Sour cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Prepared horseradish||2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh mint||1 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. In 10-inch nonstick skillet combine 1/2 cup water, the wine, onion, lemon juice, and peppercorns; cover and cook over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to medium-low; add salmon, cover, and simmer until salmon flakes easily when tested with a fork, 5 to 6 minutes (depending on thickness of salmon).
3. While salmon cooks, prepare horseradish mixture. In small mixing bowl combine sour cream, horseradish, flour, mint, and white pepper; stir to combine and set aside.
4. Transfer salmon to serving platter; keep warm.
5. Pour cooking liquid through sieve into bowl, discarding solids. Return to skillet and cook over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a boil; stir in horseradish mixture. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens, 2 to 3 minutes. Pour over salmon.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 576 Calories from Fat 216
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.1%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 171.5 mg57.2%
Sodium 186.2 mg7.8%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.4%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 58 g116.4%
Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 22.7%
Calcium 10.1% Iron 17.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet